How to use "buttress" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "buttress" in popular movie and book plots
- Arthur manages to mend the wall, stopping the buttress from collapsing. - Grim Tuesday
Example sentences for "buttress" in interesting articles
- Before she could tackle the product and revenue problems, she needed to identify the best current employees and buttress them with a wave of incoming talent. - Marissa Mayer Has Completed Step One
- Tuesday's brief from Google and the other groups aims to buttress Yahoo's position by saying users who store their e-mail in the cloud enjoy a reasonable expectation of privacy that is protected by the U.S. - Obama administration wanted warrantless access rights to most US email
- His refrain for those families, famously, was: “Get big or get out.”Almost as soon as Butz won approval from Congress, he canceled payments for fallow land and urged farmers to “plant fencerow to fencerow,” promising to use the emerging global economy to buttress against low prices. - Corn Wars
- If Facemash was not just a site to make fun of women then it doesn't buttress his point. - The Social Network scriptwriter Aaron Sorkin posts about the portrayal of women.
Meaning of "buttress" in English
- reinforce with a buttress
- a support usually of stone or brick; supports the wall of a building
- make stronger or defensible
Meaning of "buttress" in Hindi
- पुश्ता ( Pushta, pushtaa)
- पिछौटा ( Pichhauta, pichhautaa)
- आश्रय ( Aashray)
- पुष्ट करना ( Pusht karana, pusht karanaa)
- मज़बूत बना ( Mazabut bana, mazaboot banaa, majabut bana)
Synonyms of "buttress"
Discuss anything about the word buttress below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.