How to use "buy" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "buy" in popular movie and book plots
- He offers to buy her a balloon from a blind street-vendor and walks and talks with her. - M (1931 film)
- However, after a few members buy expensive items and the getaway car is found by police, Jimmy has most of the crew killed. - Goodfellas
- Her sons realize that it reveals that he has a plan to run a tramline along a street that he and his cronies intend to buy up cheaply. - In Old Chicago
- At the diner, they buy a bottle of rum. - Native Son
- for fifty cents"; Harriman accepts and tries to buy the other associates' interests as well. - The Man Who Sold the Moon
- Diktor gives him a list of things to buy in his own time and bring back. - By His Bootstraps
- Through Bud's spying, Gekko makes big money, and Wildman is forced to buy Gekko's shares off him to complete his takeover. - Wall Street (1987 film)
- He decides to use a little of the money to buy himself some chocolate before turning the rest over to his mother. - Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
- She physically rebuffs his offer to buy the headpiece, and Jones leaves. - Raiders of the Lost Ark
- She asks Willy Jack to stop at the local Walmart so that she can go to the bathroom and buy new shoes. - Where the Heart Is (2000 film)
- The executive overhears the song and decides to buy it, providing enough money to pay off the church mortgage. - Going My Way
- Tuesday - Don slips out and pawns Helen’s coat - the thing which had first brought them together - in order to buy a gun. - The Lost Weekend (film)
- Helena requests that the Robots be paid so that they can buy things they like, but the Robots do not like anything. - R.U.R.
- Mason destroys the chips, then surrenders to Hummel, trying to reason with him as well as buy Goodspeed some time. - The Rock (film)
- Julia coldly tells Luis to go and buy them tickets home, but the minute he leaves, Walter gets to his feet; he had loaded the gun with blanks. - Original Sin (2001 film)
- Jim plans to make his way to the town of Cairo in Illinois, a free state, so that he can later buy the rest of his enslaved family's freedom. - Adventures of Huckleberry Finn
Meaning of "buy" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "buy" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "buy" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "buy"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word buy below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.