How to use "calamity" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "calamity" in popular movie and book plots
- After some time, Delgaia, the God of Destruction, brought about a great calamity known as the Gods' Remorse. - Hexyz Force
- This sudden and unexpected calamity brings the drunken Krishnamurthy to his senses. - Sathi Leelavathi (1936 film)
- Notwithstanding, she refuses to suffocate under her calamity and determines to take back charge of her life. - Doña Bella
- However, these actions reveal the mystery behind Raffaello and the calamity that began the trouble. - Final Fantasy Fables: Chocobo's Dungeon
- He is rescued from calamity by his good friend Lord Dyfed Brougham, a seemingly foppish aristocrat who in actually is a government agent. - These Three Remain
- In 1999, an enormous meteor crashed onto Earth and caused a global calamity that depleted the planet's waters. - Kamen Rider Kabuto: God Speed Love
- They visit Lu Junyi and lie to him that a great calamity will befall him if he does not travel 1,000 miles to the southeast. - The Water Margin (film)
- The calamity that ensues enrages Hugh and disintegrates the chances of father and son coming closer. - For the Love of Rusty
- Meeth and Al reveal that the ghost is that of Lady Tilika, daughter of King Kolka, who died during the calamity at Rela Cyel. - Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Ring of Fates
- The calamity began with a wealthy businessman named Kevin O'Malley, who inexplicably committed suicide in Room 1408 after the hotel opened. - 1408 (film)
- A hydrothermal event at the Norris Geyser Basin draws yet another calamity with the press. - Supervolcano (film)
- Their screams prompt the neighbors to call the police who arrive and, seeing the blood, misinterpret the calamity as a child abuse situation. - Under the Bed (The Outer Limits)
- When calamity strikes a community all eyes turn to him, no matter how remote the chances are that he was involved in any way. - Outer Dark
- Throughout the book, she delights in the misfortune of others and constantly manipulates events to bring down calamity on Ammu and the twins. - The God of Small Things
- During the argument, Charlotte says she didn't ask to be born, that her mother never wanted her, that it's "been a calamity on both sides". - Now, Voyager
- This was known as the "Evil Seed", bound to bring calamity and death in its wake. - Soulcalibur
Meaning of "calamity" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "calamity" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "calamity" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "calamity"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word calamity below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.