How to use "career" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "career" in popular movie and book plots
- Stage and screen star Tony Hunter, a veteran of musical comedy, is concerned that his career might be in decline. - The Band Wagon
- They marry, but Mr Lewisham is forced to abandon his plans for a brilliant scientific career followed by a political ascent. - Love and Mr Lewisham
- Dion makes a deal to support Warren's political career and carve up business in the town. - In Old Chicago
- Meanwhile, assuming he has abandoned her, she departs and continues her career as an opera singer. - Anthony Adverse
- Meanwhile, Henrietta is interested in marrying her brothers' friend Surtees (Ralph Forbes), who has a promising career in the military. - The Barretts of Wimpole Street (1934 film)
- She leaves Random with Arthur to allow her to better pursue her career as an intergalactic reporter. - Mostly Harmless
- Taverner is cleared of all charges and dies of old age, while Heather Hart abandons her celebrity career and becomes a recluse. - Flow My Tears, the Policeman Said
- Edina "Eddy" Monsoon (Saunders) and Patsy Stone (Lumley) are a pair of high-powered career women on the London fashion scene. - Absolutely Fabulous
- Another guest is Russian ballerina Grusinskaya (Greta Garbo), whose career is on the wane. - Grand Hotel (1932 film)
- Three years later, Novalee begins a career as a photographer with the help of Moses. - Where the Heart Is (2000 film)
- Vincent dreams of a career in space travel but is reminded of his genetic inferiority. - Gattaca
- In the morning, the socialite sets up her friend as Joe's next customer and it appears that his career is on its way. - Midnight Cowboy
- He had given up a promising football career during his collegiate days to marry Audrey after they were involved in an auto accident. - Unbreakable (film)
- Five chapters are spent exploring Rico's experience there, under the tutelage of career Ship's Sergeant Charles Zim. - Starship Troopers
- Her husband's academic fraud had been exposed by an examiner, destroying his career and driving him to suicide. - Gaudy Night
- The story recounts the beginning of Bruce Wayne's career as Batman and Jim Gordon's with the Gotham City Police Department. - Batman: Year One
Meaning of "career" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "career" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "career" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "career"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word career below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.