How to use "catastrophic" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "catastrophic" in popular movie and book plots
- Krogg wrote a memo to Vexcor HQ detailing a possible catastrophic effect to establishing a long-term link from Alpha to Gamma. - Charlie Jade
- Sundown approaches, and Springfield's citizens are frightened, but nothing catastrophic occurs. - Lisa the Skeptic
- During a near catastrophic skating incident where Bobby saves the day, she gives in. - Roller Boogie
- He discovers that the planets will soon align, creating a catastrophic solar flux that threatens to destroy Earth itself. - Crash Bandicoot 2: Cortex Strikes Back
- This, in turn, is allowing more order to be focused in Recluce, until something catastrophic happens to reset the balance. - The Saga of Recluce
- Almost immediately, the eclipse begins, triggering the sixth sign, a catastrophic earthquake. - The Seventh Sign
- They left the Earth during the catastrophic war they started to save their own lives and perpetuate their power. - Quarantine (The Twilight Zone)
- In Dreamfall, many characters refer to the "Collapse", a catastrophic event that took place in Stark immediately after the events of TLJ. - Dreamfall: The Longest Journey
- Meanwhile, the Bynars discreetly create a catastrophic failure in the ship's warp core. - 11001001
- The catastrophic destruction stopped the rampage of the Gigas, as well as nearly destroyed the other five civilizations, thus ending the war. - Skies of Arcadia
- By 2061 water pollution is nearing catastrophic levels. - A Mind Forever Voyaging
- After a wild gallop, the horse falls and suffers a catastrophic injury, forcing Marnie to shoot him. - Marnie (film)
- Egon warns them never to cross the energy streams of their proton pack weapons, as this could cause a catastrophic explosion. - Ghostbusters
- The game is set some time after a catastrophic comet impact, which brought a deadly virus onto the planet. - Strife (video game)
- The damage to the naval base is catastrophic with the Americans suffering severe casualties. - Tora! Tora! Tora!
- Zorba teaches him the sirtaki and Basil begins to laugh hysterically at the catastrophic outcome. - Zorba the Greek (film)
Meaning of "catastrophic" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "catastrophic" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "catastrophic" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "catastrophic"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word catastrophic below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.