How to use "certainly" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "certainly" in popular movie and book plots
- Upon further investigation, Data and La Forge report to Commander William Riker (Jonathan Frakes) that the logs were certainly faked. - The Battle (Star Trek: The Next Generation)
- The secret of the island is revealed to be a meteorite embedded in the glacier, certainly uniquely valuable—perhaps even alive in some way. - Miss Smilla's Feeling for Snow
- When he approaches her, she seems disgusted by his vileness and almost certainly by the memory of his involvement in her father's downfall. - Manon des Sources (1986 film)
- Judge Isaacs calls Jack to his bench to ask whether he wishes to be tried as Jack Sommersby, even if it will certainly mean death by hanging. - Sommersby
- Vitalis is a kind man, certainly better company than Barberin and teaches Rémi to play the harp and to read. - Sans Famille
- Gina is very distressed by her feeling that Fabrice will certainly be executed, so goes to the Prince to plead for Fabrice's life. - The Charterhouse of Parma
- and will almost certainly trigger a global thermonuclear war. - Spies Like Us
- Aillas plans a series of hit-and-run raids designed to inflict casualties while avoiding a pitched battle he would almost certainly lose. - Lyonesse Trilogy
- Tommy realizes that there is a solution, namely that a pair of lonely women (ostensibly prostitutes) would certainly welcome Cobb's presence. - Something Big (film)
- Gale's plans – almost certainly including the eventual murder of Anne herself – had been laid well in advance. - Death in the Clouds
- or suspected of others", and he certainly cut a poor figure compared to his fellow conspirators were unwilling to betray their principles. - Edmund Waller
- The story centers on a riotous ballet performance, almost certainly modeled in part on the premiere of Igor Stravinsky's The Rite of Spring. - V.
- As he reads Perrin's notes, Hobson realises that this sabotage almost certainly caused the Effect. - The Quiet Earth
- Calculatingly Lavinia insists that Orin certainly cannot let their mother's paramour escape. - Mourning Becomes Electra
- Although this account has long been accepted as part of Mafia lore, it is almost certainly false based on contemporary accounts of the time. - Joseph Bonanno
- "Johnson" may have been placed in manacles and hung from the wall, but he was almost certainly subjected to the horrors of the rack. - Gunpowder Plot
Meaning of "certainly" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "certainly" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "certainly" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "certainly"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word certainly below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.