How to use "chafe" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "chafe" in popular movie and book plots
- But young Tommy is beginning to chafe at his father's dictates, especially in the rapidly changing world they live in. - Tommy's Honour
- While Payson appreciates Sasha's experience and drive, the other girls chafe at his demanding style. - Make It or Break It
- However, he cannot hold on long enough; his feet chafe on the branch, and he is slung directly into the ground with the anvil. - Gee Whiz-z-z-z-z-z-z
- Toby continues to chafe under the yoke of his repressive stepfather. - This Boy's Life (film)
- When humanity begins to chafe under Multivac’s benevolent tyranny, one man takes matters into his own hands to destroy the great computer. - The Life and Times of Multivac
- The lower-class soldiers chafe under their poor treatment in comparison to the soldiers of the upper-class. - Musa (film)
- The Durants chafe under its unfeeling, domineering manner, hoping to one another to one day be free of the Optimen and Cyborgs. - The Eyes of Heisenberg
Meaning of "chafe" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "chafe" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "chafe" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "chafe"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word chafe below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.