How to use "chagrin" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "chagrin" in popular movie and book plots
- Conan already has a position in her army, but now he is given full command, much to the chagrin of the other more cultured commanders. - Black Colossus
- Accident prone son Snook is forever making mistakes much to the chagrin of his father Pascoe. - Blue Fin
- Starved for love and physical touch, Anni seduces young, strapping Veikko, much to the chagrin of jealous middle-aged Ivan. - The Cuckoo (film)
- One such constant joke they play on a mentally retarded ex-watchman (Janakaraj) of the colony, much to the chagrin of his wife. - Anjali (film)
- Former Vigilance member Bachstail arrives and re-enlists, much to the chagrin of Lacryma. - Kartia: The Word of Fate
- Much to the chagrin of the black patrons on the bus, Lurene talks constantly of the assassination during the bus ride. - Love Field (film)
- When Ichika accepts, Manatsu emerges from the mirror, but Ichika finds to her chagrin that the charm's stones' have taken on different colors. - Uta Kata
- The two reignite their old flame, much to the chagrin of Ralph Crawford, who has been attempting to woo Jean himself. - Check and Double Check
- sometimes to the chagrin of Vivi, who often finds herself at the butt of Mok's investigations. - To Catch the Uncatchable
- The grateful Claire hires Jonathan, much to the chagrin of Vice President Richards (James Spader), who assigns Jonathan to be a stock boy. - Mannequin (1987 film)
- Delta captures the heart of Billy, the camp's mechanic, to the chagrin of Ray, who loves Billy herself. - Delta and the Bannermen
- When Bathsheba's sheep begin dying from bloat, she discovers to her chagrin that Gabriel is the only man who knows how to cure them. - Far from the Madding Crowd
- They marry, much to the chagrin of Mark's former sister-in-law, Lil (Diane Baker), who has had an eye on him ever since her sister's death. - Marnie (film)
- She and the play are a hit, much to the chagrin of her father, who is in the audience. - Stage Door
- Fergus is tasked to guard Jody and develops a bond with the prisoner, much to the chagrin of the other IRA men. - The Crying Game
- He stages elaborate fake suicides, attends funerals and drives a hearse, all to the chagrin of his socialite mother (Vivian Pickles). - Harold and Maude
Meaning of "chagrin" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "chagrin" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "chagrin" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "chagrin"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word chagrin below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.