How to use "chair" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "chair" in popular movie and book plots
- Before leaving, Aeschylus proclaims that Sophocles should have his chair while he is gone, not Euripides. - The Frogs
- Colin stands up from his chair and finds that his legs are fine, though weak from long disuse. - The Secret Garden
- At dinner, Bakshi's place setting right by the kitchen door has a very low chair that puts his chin near the table. - The Party (film)
- Aslaksen is elected the chair of the meeting to serve as a mediator. - An Enemy of the People
- Cal embraces Abra and they share their first kiss free from Aron's shadow; and he pulls up a chair to sit next to his father. - East of Eden (film)
- Gale and Evelle overhear this conversation and turn on Hi, tying him to a chair and taking Junior for themselves. - Raising Arizona
- He carefully observes the study, learning of the repositioning of a chair from Parker's first view of Ackroyd, to his next. - The Murder of Roger Ackroyd
- Finally one morning he is walked to the electric chair and strapped in. - The Man Who Wasn't There (2001 film)
- Giudizio sits an effigy of the "Old Witch of Winter" in a chair on the stack and Gradisca is given the honour of setting it aflame. - Amarcord
- Alice slumps into a chair and is suddenly woken up by her Mother. - Alice in Wonderland (1985 film)
- He settles in a chair near the fireplace in the main room. - Cards on the Table
- The Fratellis tie Chunk to a chair and lock him in the basement next to Sloth, their deformed younger brother kept chained to the wall. - The Goonies
- Kelly sneaks into Barbara Jean's hospital room and sits in the chair by her bed all night, watching her sleep. - Nashville (film)
- David saves her, using a chair to shoo the big cat into a cell. - Bringing Up Baby
- When the switch is thrown, the current causes Del to catch fire in the chair and suffer a prolonged, agonizing demise. - The Green Mile (novel)
- Not wanting him to know she is fearful of him, she throws back a drink and gets up from her chair to go back to her bedroom. - Gone with the Wind (novel)
Meaning of "chair" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "chair" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "chair" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "chair"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word chair below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.