How to use "challenge" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "challenge" in popular movie and book plots
- They call off the merger and the wedding, but challenge each other to one last shooting match to decide who is the best shot. - Annie Get Your Gun (musical)
- Captured by Spike outside the store, one of Sweet's minions conveys a challenge from Sweet for Buffy to rescue Dawn from The Bronze. - Once More, with Feeling (Buffy the Vampire Slayer)
- A great hero, the warrior "Magi", rose to challenge Darces. - Dungeon Magic: Sword of the Elements
- During Monk's subsequent funeral, Amsterdam issues a traditional challenge to fight, which Bill accepts. - Gangs of New York
- Yusuke and his friends challenge and defeat Sensui's associates one-by-one, culminating in a final battle between the two detectives. - Yu Yu Hakusho
- Enraged, Rocky accepts the challenge but tells Gunn "my ring is outside". - Rocky V
- He calls up Pip and asks for a challenge in which he might run the risk of losing. - A Nice Place to Visit
- Just as Denton predicted, soon enough a challenge is delivered which Denton dare not refuse. - Mr. Denton on Doomsday
- Russell Johnson noted in his autobiography that the production crew enjoyed the challenge of building these props. - Gilligan's Island
- Claudius orders Laertes to challenge Hamlet to a duel, wherein Laertes will be given a poisoned blade that will kill with a bare touch. - Hamlet (1948 film)
- As Moses continues to challenge Pharaoh's hold over his people, Egypt is beset by divine plagues. - The Ten Commandments (1956 film)
- Another drag racer, the handsome and arrogant Bob Falfa, is searching out John in order to challenge him to a race. - American Graffiti
- One challenge was leakage from the fuel tanks, but a new fix is introduced to address this once and for all. - Strategic Air Command (film)
- They challenge each other to collect a coin on the sea floor and Jacques loses. - The Big Blue
- One of her challenges in growing up is to control acting out of anger, a challenge that also faced her mother, Marmee. - Little Women
- She never let anyone challenge her authority as queen, even though many people, who felt she was weak and should be married, tried to do so. - House of Tudor
Meaning of "challenge" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "challenge" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "challenge" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "challenge"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word challenge below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.