How to use "chasm" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "chasm" in popular movie and book plots
- They fight, resulting in Orin dangling over a chasm while Zygon gloats over him. - Starchaser: The Legend of Orin
- The chasm between them seems to be growing despite Max's best efforts. - Fathers & Sons (film)
- Kilanda, a location from the original game) where they fall into a dark chasm into a land inhabited by dead monsters and Carbuncles. - Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Ring of Fates
- Therefore, he removed the inhibitant to his attentions, drop-kicking Alphonse off the hill and into the chasm next to it. - Excelsior (short story)
- The castle is split in two; Sophie falls down a chasm and is separated from Markl, the witch and Calcifer. - Howl's Moving Castle (film)
- The Doctor recalls his visit to planet Pesca, where he fell down a chasm into a cavern and met Zor, the Pescaton leader. - Doctor Who and the Pescatons
- This floods the tunnel, together with McBrusque and Scuttlebutt as they fall into the chasm to their deaths. - An American Tail: The Treasure of Manhattan Island
- They then discover a chasm in the Ocean, but eventually sail around it, discover a far-off continent and decide to explore it. - True History
- Andriy and his accuser ride and jump their horses over a chasm until God chooses which one is right by having the accuser fall to his death. - Taras Bulba (1962 film)
- Maeve refuses him but Phoebe falls in a chasm and is forced to remain with him. - Everville
- He makes his way upstairs as the floor collapses, revealing a chasm beneath the house. - The Gate (1987 film)
- They explore a natural chasm in a mine which has been exposed by an exploratory shaft. - Vril
- Injun Joe then tries to get the chest from Tom, only to fall into the chasm to his death (with the chest which was empty). - Tom and Huck
- Jill stumbles into a mysterious chasm that is shaped like a letter "E". - The Silver Chair
- Enraged, Gollum falls down a chasm after trying to take the Ring. - The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King
- Arthur answers the bridge-keeper's question with another question, and the bridge-keeper is thrown into the chasm for not knowing the answer. - Monty Python and the Holy Grail
Meaning of "chasm" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "chasm" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "chasm" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "chasm"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word chasm below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.