How to use "chic" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "chic" in popular movie and book plots
- Doris Blake (Carole Lombard) works as a top model for Louis in a very chic New York City dress shop. - Sinners in the Sun
- Annie takes Lillian and the bridesmaids to a Brazilian steak restaurant for lunch before going to a chic bridal shop. - Bridesmaids (2011 film)
- The car takes Jean to a costume party at a chic club, where Muggs wins best costume for being dressed as a Bowery tough. - Block Busters
- The film is set in 1970s New York, amidst the counterculture chic of that era. - Willie & Phil
- A pacy contemporary thriller about three attractive female presenters at a chic but troubled Phnom Penh radio station. - Heart Talk
- Seeing Betty's potential, Wilhelmina invites her to lunch at a chic restaurant. - Filing for the Enemy
- Caught at a chic supper club when she is supposed to be on a sick day, she is fired from the Charlot Revue. - Star! (film)
- Despite the chic surroundings, there’s blood on his shirt, evidence of a struggle and a Luger pistol on the Persian rug. - Trip City
- Buster Foxe, "a chic sailor". - A Question of Upbringing
- Helen manages a chic upscale shoe store. - Sea of Love (film)
- Victor is invited to a chic white collar party by his girlfriend Carmen (Delilah Cotto). - Empire (2002 film)
- Sarah is now in London, standing on the balcony of a chic apartment tower, admiring the view as dusk falls. - The Hunger (1983 film)
- His mother-in-law is the impossibly chic socialite and interior decorator Josie Ito, a woman of strong will and numerous connections. - Wild Palms
Meaning of "chic" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "chic" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "chic" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "chic"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word chic below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.