How to use "chide" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "chide" in popular movie and book plots
- There he finds his girlfriend, Anne Martin, waiting to chide him over a missed tennis date. - Son of the Stars
- He is afraid for his daughter, knowing the prince is really Death, and uses her engagement to chide her for being alone with another man. - Death Takes a Holiday (musical)
- Maurya predicts that by nightfall she will have no living sons, and her daughters chide her for sending Bartley off with an ill word. - Riders to the Sea
- The men grow annoyed and chide their wives for taking such elaborate measures for "a stranger". - The Handsomest Drowned Man in the World
- They chide him for being too generous in his reviews. - Guess Who's Coming to Criticize Dinner?
Meaning of "chide" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "chide" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "chide" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "chide"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word chide below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.