How to use "child" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "child" in popular movie and book plots
- Despondent over the failed visit, he decides to kidnap the rich child for ransom to make the trip back worthwhile. - Dead End (1937 film)
- After the child is born, Dorothy plans to leave Eddie until the misunderstanding is joyfully cleared up on. - Bad Girl (1931 film)
- He deserts her, Lady Isabel is disfigured in a train accident and the child is killed. - East Lynne
- As a child of imagination, Anne takes much joy in life and adapts quickly, thriving in the close-knit farming village. - Anne of Green Gables
- When police find evidence of a child pornography operation in the house's remains, Cunningham is arrested. - Donnie Darko
- When Henry again presses Anne to become his mistress, she repeats that she will never give birth to a child who is illegitimate. - Anne of the Thousand Days
- Inside the alien ship Mary is overwhelmed by repressed memories from the time she was a child on Venus and had been possessed by a slug. - The Puppet Masters
- His mother, Jenny Fields, is a strong-willed nurse who wants a child but not a husband. - The World According to Garp
- When Anne was beheaded, Henry declared Elizabeth an illegitimate child and she would, therefore, not be able to inherit the throne. - House of Tudor
- Malcolm Crowe, a child psychologist in Philadelphia, returns home one night with his wife, Anna, after having been honored for his work. - The Sixth Sense
- Earlier, child prostitute Iris had entered Travis's cab, attempting to escape her pimp Matthew "Sport" Higgins. - Taxi Driver
- Because of primogeniture, when Mr Henry Dashwood dies, his house, Norland Park, passes directly to his son John, the child of his first wife. - Sense and Sensibility
- In addition to the curse, the Witch took the Baker's father's newborn child Rapunzel. - Into the Woods
- She is seriously ill for the first time in her life, having lost her child and broken her ribs. - Gone with the Wind (novel)
- Mohiam's second child with the Baron is Jessica. - Vladimir Harkonnen
- —until he realizes that his child might be a girl, and reflects soberly that "you've got to be a father to a girl" ("Soliloquy"). - Carousel (musical)
Meaning of "child" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "child" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "child" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "child"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word child below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.