How to use "chord" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "chord" in popular movie and book plots
- The knowledge that Dick really loves her arouses a responsive chord in Viviette, and happiness reigns over the Ware household. - Viviette
- When he appears in the game, a characteristic "shrieking" string chord plays until the player outruns him. - Ao Oni
- Andrew Forson's speech mentions an end to all sickness, which strikes a chord with Smasher who lost her grandfather to illness. - Avengers World
- This strikes a chord in Luv Kumar who realizes how he had taken Anu’s love for granted and hurt her. - Nachavule
- When Hee-joo is found to be suffering from vocal chord infection, Gyu-won is given the chance to replace her and go on stage. - Heartstrings (TV series)
- One of them, Pirate Pete, strikes a chord with the Boy and he chooses a name for himself: Peter. - Peter and the Starcatcher
- After Gem realizes Thomas really loved her, she plays the chord and the Arabesque spins, symbolizing their reconciliation. - Imaginaerum (film)
- He finally strikes a chord and Canute confesses and learns its lesson. - Isaac Asimov's Robot City: Prodigy
- This strikes a chord with Ariel due to her fatal disease. - Isaac Asimov's Robot City: Cyborg
- Unhappy and unable to come to grips with his condition, he stirs a sympathetic chord in another blind inmate. - En la ardiente oscuridad (film)
- Adopting different methods, Karan ultimately strikes a chord of friendship with Saryu. - Shart: The Challenge
- Her words strike a chord in Marion, who begins to question herself in the same way. - Another Woman
- Bent on trying by arc or chord the space between his being and the world that was. - The Crossing (McCarthy novel)
- This strikes a chord with Marshall. - The Maggie
- He and Charlie strike a chord as kindred spirits and he lets them go, but Anne-Marie falls ill with pneumonia. - All Dogs Go to Heaven
- Carrot's enthusiasm strikes a chord with Vimes, who decides that the Watch should try to carry out its ostensible duties. - Guards! Guards!
Meaning of "chord" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "chord" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "chord" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "chord"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word chord below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.