How to use "circa" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "circa" in popular movie and book plots
- The setting is an ancient Greek amphitheatre, circa 500BC. - God (play)
- On the Northwest Frontier of India, circa 1880, contact has been lost with a British outpost at Tantrapur in the midst of a telegraph message. - Gunga Din (film)
- The story was focused primarily on the Undertaker, who in the comic book resembled his appearance circa 1998. - Undertaker (comics)
- At this time, circa 1550, the Scottish Reformation is just beginning, and the monastery is in peril. - The Monastery
- The novel follows the journeys of three young European boys represented in a circa 1913 or 1914 photograph by August Sander. - Three Farmers on Their Way to a Dance
- In the mountainous wilds of British Columbia circa 1885, a young bear cub suffers the accidental death of his mother from a rockslide. - The Bear (1988 film)
- The game's sword and sorcery type story is set in Albion, Sub-Roman Britain, circa 420D. - Chronicles of the Sword
- by Japanese Congress) to oppose the declining birthrates of Japan, circa this period in time. - Final Approach (visual novel)
- The story opens circa 1980 at an abandoned chateau in the Swiss Alps, once a prestigious boarding school, L'Hirondelle. - Lace (miniseries)
- The film's narrative consists of several interwoven subplots taking place in the town of Northfork, Montana circa 1955. - Northfork
- The play and film are set in Greenwich Village circa 1982. - Chinese Coffee
- But to accomplish this task, they realize, he must be eliminated in a way that is period-specific to Fontaine's era: circa 1962. - Badda-Bing Badda-Bang
- He encounters people and events reflecting the state of the nation circa 1969. - Rabbit Redux
- This dig is excavating a Christian Byzantine church built circa 500D. - Exorcist: The Beginning
- The story in which the game is set takes place circa 2150, shortly after the destruction of Earth by an asteroid. - Allegiance (video game)
- In London, circa 1897, a young mouse named Olivia Flaversham is celebrating her birthday with her toymaker father, Hiram. - The Great Mouse Detective
Meaning of "circa" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "circa" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "circa" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "circa"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word circa below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.