How to use "civic" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "civic" in popular movie and book plots
- The players also find the local civic leader — Judge Lawton — has barricaded the courthouse with the local law enforcement. - State of Decay (video game)
- He puts "Commander El" in charge of the "Red Shard," a unit responsible for law enforcement and civic defense. - Superman: World of New Krypton
- Even though he now has control over the populace, he grows displeased upon finding himself swamped with civic paperwork. - And Another Thing... (novel)
- In River City, bank teller "Swede" Anderson puts the finger on a syndicate murderer and learns the cost of civic duty the hard way. - Come Back for More
- A representative of the merchants complains about the violence in the Aventine killing commerce, "the root of civic virtue". - Son of Hades
- The Uplands has no legal or taxation systems, civic obligations, boundaries, politics or treaties. - Gradisil
- The town government constructs civic improvements such as a new bridge and canal. - The Town (Richter novel)
- Esteban is discharged for informing civic leaders from Butte that Petey isn't, in fact, retarded. - Petey
- Antipatros- Loyal regent during one of Philip's absences, Antipatros helps train Alexander in the civic demands of state administration. - Fire from Heaven
- Many Americans become Destructuralists, anarchists, and luddites, rejecting civic authority and returning to a primitive lifestyle. - Warday
- His body is returned and a civic commemoration is attended by the whole town. - The Entertainer (film)
- Joe is determined to exact justice on Frank, whose location he has learned from a newspaper story commending Enley for his civic endeavors. - Act of Violence
- He also fails to raise civic awareness due to pervasive corruption and a general lack of seriousness. - Anniyan
- Bridges shoots several of the corrupt civic leaders who double-crossed them. - High Plains Drifter
- To at least repair the damage, the government redirects much of the military budget to civic projects. - Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon 2
- Paul Garrett and other civic leaders hope for a more balanced approach that preserves the traditional Colorado way of life. - Centennial (miniseries)
Meaning of "civic" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "civic" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "civic" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "civic"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word civic below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.