How to use "civilian" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "civilian" in popular movie and book plots
- The story starts soon after the federal government has confiscated all civilian firearms in the country under the fictional Cohen Act. - The Turner Diaries
- He is having trouble readjusting to civilian life and spending time with his fiancée, Helen Wentworth (Anita Louise). - Love Letters (1945 film)
- Flight Lieutenant Griffith acts as "the tailor", creating civilian outfits from scavenged cloth. - The Great Escape (film)
- He learns the next day that she is Charlotte "Charlie" Blackwood, an astrophysicist and civilian Top Gun instructor. - Top Gun
- K bids J farewell before he neuralyzes him at his request; K returns to his civilian life and Laurel becomes J's new partner,. - Men in Black (film)
- Ted Masters, is a hotshot civilian pilot, hoping to follow in his father's footsteps. - Iron Eagle
- The intruder is identified as an off-course civilian airliner. - Fail Safe (1964 film)
- In 2009 at the launch ceremony of the Macross, a young civilian pilot, Hikaru Ichijyo, comes to visit the Macross uponN. - The Super Dimension Fortress Macross
- " (invoking the recent Attica Prison riot), and the civilian crowd starts cheering for Sonny. - Dog Day Afternoon
- All goes well with George's newfound civilian life for five years, until Mirtha organizes a 38th birthday party for him. - Blow (film)
- When they return to civilian life, Deborah is ill at ease in Brad's upper-class social circle. - A Letter to Three Wives
- He arrives in civilian clothing because his old uniforms are those of the oldS. - Strategic Air Command (film)
- The real Hynkel is mistaken for the barber while out duck-shooting in civilian clothes, and is arrested. - The Great Dictator
- Sergeant James Allen (Paul Muni) returns to civilian life after World War I but his war experience makes him restless. - I Am a Fugitive from a Chain Gang
- All three have trouble adjusting to civilian life. - The Best Years of Our Lives
- Dax, who was a criminal defense lawyer in civilian life, volunteers to defend the men at their court-martial. - Paths of Glory
Meaning of "civilian" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "civilian" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "civilian" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "civilian"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word civilian below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.