How to use "clandestine" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "clandestine" in popular movie and book plots
- Scott is drawn into a clandestine operation to find Laura Newton, the President's daughter, who is missing. - Spartan (film)
- Aubrey has clandestine visits with his cousin Isobel, Lord Barmouth's wife. - Blue at the Mizzen
- Quinn attempts to take clandestine X-ray photographs, but Byerley wears a device which fogs the camera. - Evidence (short story)
- He works in a clandestine office in New York City, which operates as a front called the "American Literary Historical Society". - Three Days of the Condor
- However, the clandestine romance introduces Maggie's family to a host of new experiences, many of which are "better than chocolate". - Better Than Chocolate
- He became a clandestine opium smuggler for other China traders. - Tai-Pan (novel)
- His second wife is the indolent Brenda, decades his junior, suspected of having a clandestine love affair with the grandchildren's tutor. - Crooked House
- Josef Müller was despatched on a clandestine mission to Rome. - Ludwig Beck
- Over time the group becomes agitated with simply scraping by and several voice a desire to return to their old ways of clandestine warfare. - Anarchists (film)
- They use a clandestine radio, smuggled from barracks to barracks, to pick up the BBC and the war news. - Stalag 17
- Despite his family's apprehension, Chopin is egged on in his clandestine political activities by his devoted piano teacher, Professor Eisner. - A Song to Remember
- Lucy, falsely believing that she has a friend in Fanny, confides her clandestine engagement to Edward and is thrown out of the house. - Sense and Sensibility (film)
- It is clear that she has a past clandestine relationship with him, which she desires intensely to maintain, but Toms rejects her. - Morocco (film)
- In the summer of 2007 Earth is under clandestine attack. - The Puppet Masters
- She never overcomes her clandestine relationship with the local minister. - How Green Was My Valley
- Ba'alzamon presides over a clandestine meeting. - The Great Hunt
Meaning of "clandestine" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "clandestine" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "clandestine" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "clandestine"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word clandestine below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.