How to use "clergy" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "clergy" in popular movie and book plots
- The hold of the clergy on education in schools and colleges is pointed out. - Rocky Road to Dublin (film)
- When they are unable to do so after discovering that the fire marshal was also invited to the party, the clergy decide to crash it. - Hell on Earth 2006
- Instead of parliamentary democracy, the English Isles are administered by a Convocation of clergy accountable to the Catholic hierarchy. - The Alteration
- As a result, more than 22 Catholic clergy and laity were falsely convicted of high treason and executed at Tyburn. - Redmond O'Hanlon (outlaw)
- Everyone in the city mourns for Ilista, as she was unlike the other high clergy — she actually helped the people during her stay. - Chosen of the Gods
- William deduces that both were Dulcinites, members of a heretical sect that believes that clergy should be impoverished. - The Name of the Rose (film)
- Gurko suppresses the clergy and the free press and imprisons the Prime Minister Baron Von Neuhoff (Montagu Love). - The Son of Monte Cristo
- While cardinals backed by the Hannegan declare the papacy illegitimate, a conclave of Valana clergy declare that Brownpony is Pope. - Saint Leibowitz and the Wild Horse Woman
- When the service is over, the churchgoers along with the clergy are also trapped. - The Exterminating Angel (film)
- O'Flaherty is assisted in this enterprise by others, including locals, clergy and the diplomatic corps. - The Scarlet and the Black
- Near London, Oxford and Canterbury in the Middle Ages, stories and adventures of peasants, noblemen, clergy and demons are interwoven. - The Canterbury Tales (film)
- The first book is a rebuke against the clergy and society, tainted by Sin and corruption. - Roman de Fauvel
- The series follows former priest John Strange (Richard Coyle), dismissed from the clergy under mysterious circumstances. - Strange (TV series)
- To this, the local clergy protest, because they no longer have any sway over their flock. - Brand (play)
- Philippe infiltrates the clergy confession and unlocks the cathedral doors. - Ladyhawke (film)
- Barchester Towers concerns the leading clergy of the cathedral city of Barchester. - Barchester Towers
Meaning of "clergy" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "clergy" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "clergy" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "clergy"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word clergy below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.