How to use "cling" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "cling" in popular movie and book plots
- Herr Grundeis tries to run away, but Emil's new friends cling onto him until a police officer, alerted by Emil's cousin Pony Hütchen, arrives. - Emil and the Detectives
- Although she looks more favourably on him, Fanny continues to cling to her feelings for Edmund and rejects Henry. - Mansfield Park (film)
- Although Wilbur offers to marry Emma and adopt the children, Bobby and Suzi cling sobbing to Pete. - Here Comes the Groom
- Instead, he is seeking to get her out of her cold, wet clothes and cling to her while nude. - Lone Wolf and Cub: Baby Cart at the River Styx
- The news causes Bart to cling to the only person who has not yet lied to him: John Amos. - If There Be Thorns
- Both girls agree to cling on to their own ideas of the truth, and they begin the drive back to Paris. - Pauline at the Beach
- The Noelites have become a major new salvationist religion, which vast numbers of people cling to as the world spirals out of control. - Babylon A.D.
- After he is freed, Patty and Diane realize they can cling to the spider's silk as it climbs up and onto the counter. - Honey, We Shrunk Ourselves
- Homer leaps into the rapids to rescue him, but they have to cling on to a rock to avoid falling off a waterfall. - Milhouse of Sand and Fog
- Captain Inouye and his men are wondering what happened and cling to a belief that Mizushima is still alive. - The Burmese Harp (1956 film)
- With Zion being the one planet left with the ability to sustain human life, humanity must cling to life in space colonies. - The Candidate for Goddess
- In a memorable feat of dumb luck, Snake manages to cling onto the door's steps. - Big Trouble (2002 film)
- The activity helps Old Ekdal cling to his former life as a great hunter. - The Wild Duck
- He has begun vomiting digestive enzymes onto his food to dissolve it and has gained the ability to cling to walls and ceilings. - The Fly (1986 film)
- Antodus falls short and plunges into the void, but manages to cling to the uneven rock face and is pulled up by the others. - Dr. Who and the Daleks
- Facing destitution, they cling to their wavering belief that they may be reunited with their family in the afterlife. - Buddenbrooks
Meaning of "cling" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "cling" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "cling" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "cling"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word cling below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.