How to use "clout" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "clout" in popular movie and book plots
- Confident that The Agent’s clout will protect her, she steals a book, setting off an alarm. - Alleluia! The Devil's Carnival
- In the meantime, Preeti's father becomes MP from MLA and their clout increases. - Dehraadun Diary
- Trying to beat a competitor in a deal he gets involved with the mafia and some underworld elements who don't have the clout anymore. - Satya 2
- They are loan sharks who go to any extent to wield their clout in the city. - Thadaiyara Thaakka
- Kunjikanan Nambiar takes out his political clout and demands the seat for one of his loyalists. - Sthalathe Pradhana Payyans
- Bangs wields a degree of political clout in the community, and pressures the district attorney's office to drop the case. - The Well-Worn Lock
- Due to his clout and money power, JP makes it look like a suicide. - Newtonin Moondram Vidhi
- When Sivakrishna falls victim to the political clout of Dhanunjaya Reddy he is demoted and transferred to Tihar Jail as a lower rank officer. - Chennakesava Reddy
- But Chester takes the blame, assuming that he has still got enough clout to escape with a light sentence. - Hell's Half Acre (1954 film)
- Toohey has them quit and uses his clout to keep others out. - The Fountainhead (film)
- is the majority shareholder in Weststar, and he uses that clout to force McKay to back out of buying Ewing Oil. - Dallas: J.R. Returns
- As the years pass, Reeves becomes bitter at being a kept man and at Toni for not using her clout to help his career. - Hollywoodland
- Still, the ranch is large and successful and Charlotte uses her wealth and clout to defend Hispanic victims of local bigotry. - Centennial (miniseries)
Meaning of "clout" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "clout" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "clout" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "clout"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word clout below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.