How to use "coax" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "coax" in popular movie and book plots
- In Song of Songs, King Solomon tries to coax a slave girl to become his consort. - Namukku Parkkan Munthiri Thoppukal
- As they try to coax him off of his perch, it is the fish that persuades him to come down. - Santa Sangre
- Dumbfounded, he tries to coax her with the words "Come on along and listen to the lullaby of Broadway. - 42nd Street (musical)
- Thomson and Thompson check into a hotel, but are tricked by the villains, who use doubles to coax them from their rooms. - Tintin and the Blue Oranges
- The Doctor attempts to coax the details of these events from the Brigadier. - Mawdryn Undead
- He tries to coax Roberto into offering approval of this behavior, and when Roberto doesn’t comply, they fight and Roberto leaves. - The Conformist
- Lyle tries to coax Dean into running away, but Dean is adamant about clearing his name. - Enemy of the State (film)
- Henry West and Miriam Kent that allows her to enter a comatose mind and attempt to coax them into consciousness. - The Cell
- The friends attempt to coax her out, but she is unresponsive. - St. Elmo's Fire (film)
- They coax him to play a piece, and it rekindles his love of the instrument. - Everwood
- Teague and his men torture mrs Swanger to coax her deserter sons out of hiding, killing both boys and mr Swanger when they appear. - Cold Mountain (film)
- Wesley helps to release one man wounded under a heavy pipe, and tries to coax the other man to leave the burning room, but the man refuses. - Coming of Age (Star Trek: The Next Generation)
- Philip manages to coax a pledge of love from Maggie. - The Mill on the Floss
- The entire village attempts to coax and drag them back into the water, but all efforts prove unsuccessful; even a tractor does not help. - Whale Rider
- In 1863, hoping to subtly coax the Queen toward resuming public life after years of seclusion, Mr Brown is summoned to court. - Mrs Brown
- When Flora tries to coax him to stop, Franklin declares that he has lost so much, that he has to try to win some of it back. - The Fever (The Twilight Zone)
Meaning of "coax" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "coax" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "coax" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "coax"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word coax below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.