How to use "cold" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "cold" in popular movie and book plots
- Enraged by guilt and the Russians' cold indifference, Rocky challenges Drago himself. - Rocky IV
- The cold forces everyone to make a final stand near the generator room. - The Thing from Another World
- In revenge, he puts her in the shower and turns on the cold water full blast. - My Man Godfrey
- Out of boredom, she has sex with Abilene (Clu Gulager), her mother's lover, though he is cold to her after their rendezvous. - The Last Picture Show
- However, the girl he is trying to woo disapproves of his behavior and gives him the cold shoulder. - Cops (film)
- The prince says he nourished the rose and listened to her when she told him to make a screen or glass globe to protect her from the cold wind. - The Little Prince
- He reluctantly agrees to see Judith, who is cold and openly antagonistic toward him. - Dark Victory
- On a cold day the fictional 304th New York Regiment awaits battle beside a river. - The Red Badge of Courage
- When the warden stands firm, Butch shoots the warden's right-hand man in cold blood, then tosses the dying man out for all to see. - The Big House (1930 film)
- The examining doctor at the cold sleep facility immediately sees that Dan has been drinking. - The Door into Summer
- The staff, including Jean and Beth, each take a dose of an anti-freeze formula in the hope of surviving the cold until rescue arrives. - Timeslip
- He manages to escape from its cave with his lightsaber, but soon succumbs to the brutally cold temperatures and collapses. - The Empire Strikes Back
- After winter sets in, Rynn learns that Mario's cold has developed into pneumonia and he is in the hospital. - The Little Girl Who Lives Down the Lane
- Feeling insulted by such a cold reception, Kikuchiyo rings the village alarm bell, prompting the villagers to come out of hiding. - Seven Samurai
- On a cold Christmas Day, the Pequod leaves the harbor. - Moby-Dick
- While Frank has a cold and is pampered by Aunt Pittypat, Scarlett goes over the accounts at Frank's store and finds that many owe him money. - Gone with the Wind (novel)
Meaning of "cold" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "cold" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "cold" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "cold"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word cold below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.