How to use "colloquial" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "colloquial" in popular movie and book plots
- The film is set in Delhi, where four "Fukrey" (a colloquial Punjabi term for slackers) boys, come together to make easy money. - Fukrey
- He is called Ari ("rice") Pranchi by everybody, citing his ancestors' business as a colloquial taunt. - Pranchiyettan & the Saint
- Blacky tells us, in a colloquial manner, of the various personalities of the town. - Deadly, Unna?
- She largely adopts a colloquial writing style which makes the book a very approachable work for readers. - A Piece of Cake: A Memoir
- This legend, like Leyenda del Cadejo, corresponds to the Spanish colonial period in Guatemala, and is written in a simple colloquial tongue. - Leyendas de Guatemala
Meaning of "colloquial" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "colloquial" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "colloquial" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "colloquial"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word colloquial below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.