How to use "commemorate" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "commemorate" in popular movie and book plots
- The next morning the villagers attend church to commemorate Candlemas. - February Shadows
- Shortly after arriving there, they see a parade meant to commemorate the groundbreaking of the highway. - SpongeBob's Last Stand
- A family has its annual family reunion to commemorate the anniversary of mother's death. - The Sacrament (1989 film)
- To the other side of the palace is the , a park built to commemorate the location of the earliest known waste fall. - Furifuri
- Ragini and the family commemorate Sadhana's 7th death anniversary. - Sapna Babul Ka...Bidaai
- The commercial concludes with the statement "We respectfully commemorate Mustafa Kemal Atatürk, the founder of our country and bank". - İş Bank commercial featuring Atatürk
- He tries to console her by promising precious gifts and she pretends to relent, asking Atli for a great ale-feast to commemorate her brothers. - Atlamál
- The newly opened city is working great and the Mayor's Conference to commemorate the opening is going well, aside from a bit of rain outside. - Raw Danger!
- Doyle decides to commemorate Jack by creating a character in the image of his friend: Sherlock Holmes. - The List of Seven
- At the celebration party held in order to commemorate the victory, Sir Edward seeks out Laurence. - His Majesty's Dragon
- They both commemorate Annie by writing her a message on top of the plane and fly it across the river bank. - The Invisible (film)
- Claudia arranges a huge party to commemorate the sale of the hotel. - Wild Orchid (film)
- The city erects a statue of General Anna to commemorate the struggle. - The Pushcart War
- One day however, the Girl calls him and tells him to bring her a rose during class to commemorate their 100th-day anniversary. - My Sassy Girl
- To commemorate the show's anniversary, every story during Season 20 included the return of an enemy from The Doctor's past. - Enlightenment (Doctor Who)
- Jack is dubbed 'Jack the Giant-Killer' for this feat and receives not only the giant's wealth, but a sword and belt to commemorate the event. - Jack the Giant Killer
Meaning of "commemorate" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "commemorate" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "commemorate" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "commemorate"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word commemorate below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.