How to use "commencement" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "commencement" in popular movie and book plots
- He cares deeply for his motherless daughter, Mary, but was unable to attend the annual commencement at her co-educational college. - The Heart of Ezra Greer
- At the high school, the senior students are participating in commencement ceremonies when the weather suddenly sours. - Into the Storm (2014 film)
- During the 6th grade commencement at school, Åke launches his own firework in the school desk. - Berts vidare betraktelser
- The FBI finds his tape-recorded confession and play it at his college's commencement exercises. - My Son John
- The head realising his mistake,stops further commencement on building the factory and permits Sriram to complete the bridge. - Gori Tere Pyaar Mein
- Tilly dies a minute before the commencement of the ceremony, allowing Dick and Clarice to be legally married. - The Sin of a Woman
- The commencement is celebrated with a parade and pass and review. - Taps (film)
- The show then fast-forwards two years at which point Lux is delivering the commencement speech at her graduation. - Life Unexpected
- He later opens a Gate corporation letter, which mentions him that he would be paid $75,000 a year, with a further $10,000 commencement bonus. - Shut Down (Prison Break)
- Andy's attempt to help his friends attend commencement results in another disaster — the father's job offer is rescinded. - Andy Hardy's Private Secretary
- The twist is that Midori appears very upset on the eve of her wedding and disappears during the commencement of her wedding with Ken Nakamura. - The Runaway Bride (novel)
- It is prior to the commencement of World War II, and Japan's fiendish Black Dragon Society is hatching an evil plot with the Nazis. - Black Dragons
- After the commencement ceremony the next day, Rob reconciles with Joanie and meets her mother, and they end up getting along. - Glory Daze
- He announces the commencement of the wedding feast and he opens up the house for celebrations: Hymen Hymenai'O. - Peace (play)
- Blaine uses the "coerced" purchase as a casus belli, leading to the commencement of what will later become known as the "Second Mexican War". - How Few Remain
Meaning of "commencement" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "commencement" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "commencement" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "commencement"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word commencement below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.