How to use "commitment" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "commitment" in popular movie and book plots
- Jackson struggles with commitment issues and often has nightmares of being shot by a bride. - The Brothers (2001 film)
- Italia, unaware of this, interprets Timoteo's hesitation as a lack of commitment on his part and is heartbroken by this perceived betrayal. - Don't Move
- However, as time goes by, his lack of commitment melts away. - Dunkirk (1958 film)
- Peter feels overshadowed by Catcher's strong personality, and Vikki wants to see emotional commitment in her lover. - Down with Love
- He doesn't want to meet any of the girls again because he is certain that commitment equals pain. - Restless (2000 film)
- Then, Orme reaffirms his commitment and the novel ends abruptly with a sense of the years of impending struggle against the forces of evil. - Jesus on Mars
- The sisters make a political commitment to overthrow the Trujillo regime. - In the Time of the Butterflies
- Grief-stricken, the engineer tries to withdraw from the plan, but the criminals strong-arm him into keeping his commitment to them. - Batman: The Killing Joke
- Finally, Chen Handong reciprocated the love and commitment Lan Yu had so freely given and the two were truly a couple. - Lan Yu (film)
- Hovstad and Aslaksen (the printer) stop by the house as well to reinforce their commitment to the doctor and extend their gratitude. - An Enemy of the People
- Later that day, after he is prescribed involuntary commitment to a psychiatric hospital, he commits suicide by jumping out of a window. - Mrs Dalloway
- This breaks Hades' commitment that Meg would come to no harm, and allows Hercules to regain his strength. - Hercules (1997 film)
- Gerald, Tess' ultra-competent secretary (Dan Tobin), arrives with a bottle of champagne and reminds Tess of her commitment to launch a ship. - Woman of the Year
- They also begin to fall in love, though she already has a commitment to the show's choreographer Paul Byrd. - The Band Wagon
- Both men reaffirm their commitment to their work and to using lethal force if necessary to stop the other. - Heat (1995 film)
- Charles makes a proposal of lifelong commitment without marriage to Carrie, who accepts. - Four Weddings and a Funeral
Meaning of "commitment" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "commitment" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "commitment" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "commitment"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word commitment below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.