How to use "common" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "common" in popular movie and book plots
- Though former enemies, they join forces to fight a common enemy as Bowser wishes to reclaim his castle. - Super Mario RPG
- On an empty stage the chorus repeat the common Greek maxim, that no man should be considered fortunate until he is dead. - Oedipus Rex
- dr Richardson teaches Belinda sign language and the signs for many common things and ideas. - Johnny Belinda (1948 film)
- Isabel’s only punishment will be that she will never get Larry, who has decided to return to America and live as a common working man. - The Razor's Edge
- The film consists of seven segments, each connected by a common theme. - The Three Caballeros
- The Mongol prince learns from his spy, the princess's Mongol slave, that Ahmed is a common thief and informs the caliph. - The Thief of Bagdad (1924 film)
- The narrative is episodic, and is presented out of chronological order, a style common to the author's books. - Choke (novel)
- The various crew have no common goal, each only wishing to go home. - Farscape
- While the three nations share common royal bloodlines, major wars have taken place between them. - Final Fantasy Tactics
- Adultery (another common Irving motif) also plays a large part, culminating in one of the novel's most harrowing and memorable scenes. - The World According to Garp
- With the air cleared, the couple is finally able to find common ground in their grief. - In the Bedroom
- Since the original run, Shaffer has extensively revised his play, including changes to plot details; the following is common to all revisions. - Amadeus
- Doesn't that give us some common ground. - The Cardinal of the Kremlin
- On hearing this, Julia says that they both have something in common and that is that both are not to be trusted. - Original Sin (2001 film)
- He had more common sense than Brad but was not immune to trouble. - Home Improvement (TV series)
- Undercrofts were common features at the time, used to house a variety of materials including food and firewood. - Gunpowder Plot
Meaning of "common" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "common" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "common" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "common"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word common below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.