How to use "companion" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "companion" in popular movie and book plots
- Elisabeth reveals the number and Patrick orders his companion to exhume her father's coffin. - Don't Say a Word
- In the course of the play, John, Benny and even his seemingly faithful companion Bernie have secret sex with Reg. - My Night with Reg
- However, their fate is revealed in Gathering Blue and in Messenger, companion novels written much later. - The Giver
- Love in a Cold Climate is a companion volume to The Pursuit of Love. - Love in a Cold Climate
- Hopeful, a resident of Vanity Fair, takes Faithful's place to be Christian's companion for the rest of the way. - The Pilgrim's Progress
- His companion refuses to come. - Still Valley
- As Jean still does not want to go to "Barlecona", Betty offers herself as Henry's travelling companion (and more). - Funny Money
- His closest companion is the laconic dead-shot "Sundance Kid". - Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid
- Realizing that he was still alone, Hoborg creates himself a companion by planting a seed into the ground, which grows into Klogg. - The Neverhood
- Living as a loner, he feeds off any humans who cross his path, but lives in the shadows, never creating another companion for himself. - Interview with the Vampire
- To him, she was just an agreeable companion for that night, as he again did not recognise her. - Letter from an Unknown Woman
- She had become his platonic friend and steady companion and he used his considerable fame, influence, and connections to advance her career. - Laura (1944 film)
- He shows himself to Passepartout, who is delighted to again meet his travelling companion from the earlier voyage. - Around the World in Eighty Days
- He informs his companion that ancient Egypt had many snakes and they were the stuff of nightmares. - Orgy of the Dead
- At a diner called Winkie's, a man tells his companion about a nightmare in which he dreamt there was a horrible figure behind the diner. - Mulholland Drive (film)
- An element of the earlier myth made Actaeon the familiar hunting companion of Artemis, no stranger. - Actaeon
Meaning of "companion" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "companion" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "companion" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "companion"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word companion below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.