How to use "comparable" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "comparable" in popular movie and book plots
- The empire in which the action is set is comparable to the Austrian one in our own history. - The Blue Star (novel)
- Becca states the two deaths are not comparable but eventually realizes their grief is the same in that it will never stop. - Rabbit Hole (film)
- Rachel threatens to leave the club if Will cannot find a male vocalist with talent comparable to hers. - Pilot (Glee)
- Compared to the other thoroughbred horses, his physical size comparable to a donkey with wide nostrils. - Midori no Makibaō
- Murakumo cannot be unsheathed unless Haruko has strong feelings and fights an opponent with comparable power. - Maken-ki!
- The school gives Jay a harsh warning, which is comparable to a three-strikes-you're-out type of punishment. - Dangerous Mind
- Grodd laughs at Mallah for considering himself, an "absurd science experiment," comparable to "a proud child of Gorilla City". - Salvation Run
- Fletcher portrays Valentinian as a lustful and rapacious tyrant, comparable to the King in The Maid's Tragedy. - Valentinian (play)
- Now of comparable physical age, they fall in love and go sailing together. - The Curious Case of Benjamin Button (film)
- He is in fact preparing Crysania to come with him into the Abyss with trials comparable to Huma Dragonbane's. - War of the Twins
- Another character is Long Tom Coffin, of Nantucket, comparable to Harvey Birch and Natty Bumppo from Cooper's other novels. - The Pilot: A Tale of the Sea
- Further, Troi observes that Eli now possesses skills comparable to Data's. - A Fistful of Datas
- During her training it is discovered that she has a psychic link with Robin, and that her psychic prowess is comparable to his. - The Fury (1978 film)
- A nun suggests that Gelsomina's purpose in life is comparable to her own. - La Strada
- He was researching the "Philosopher's Catalyst", a legendary material that has powers comparable to the Philosopher's Stone. - Fullmetal Alchemist and the Broken Angel
- Meanwhile, James is writing prolifically himself with little comparable financial or critical success. - Author, Author (novel)
Meaning of "comparable" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "comparable" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "comparable" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "comparable"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word comparable below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.