How to use "compelling" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "compelling" in popular movie and book plots
- Elena objects, but can offer no compelling argument against Víctor. - Live Flesh (film)
- His conscience compelling him, Fezzik throws a rock as a warning and challenges the man to a wrestling match. - The Princess Bride
- Through publicity, Desmond gets a court hearing where they successfully make their case and Desmond makes a compelling speech to the court. - Evelyn (film)
- Meanwhile, the leader of the headhunters captures Amoa and decides to marry her by compelling her father to give his blessing. - Colossus and the Headhunters
- Doom lectures him on the power of flesh, which he demonstrates by compelling a girl to leap to her death. - Conan the Barbarian (1982 film)
- first suspects Mme de Rechnoy of being the mystery woman based on a compelling description from her ex-husband, Pahl Palich Rechnoy. - The Real Life of Sebastian Knight
- In one scene Bugs dumps red ink on Sam, compelling him to think he's been shot; he collapses but eventually gets the joke. - Hare Trigger
- This simple, yet compelling plot teaches that if people think and wonder why, things will begin to happen and dreams will come true. - The Wheel on the School
- Jonatan manages to snatch the trumpet from Tengil and bring Katla under his control, compelling her to kill Tengil. - The Brothers Lionheart
- A weak plot and the lack of a compelling villain make The Scalawagons of Oz one of the most random and disorganized of the Oz books. - The Scalawagons of Oz
- However, Rose appears before him once again, compelling him to save Shun from Sadler and himself. - Street Fighter Alpha: The Animation
- Unassuming fisherman José Locota disarms Agnew and confiscates the gun, compelling him to sit quietly. - The High and the Mighty (novel)
- América has several secondary plots about a variety of compelling characters. - América (telenovela)
- Unassuming José Locota (John Qualen) disarms Agnew and confiscates the gun, compelling him to sit quietly. - The High and the Mighty (film)
- A strangely compelling musical signal lures the Enterprise to a remote planet in the Taurean system some 20 light-years distance. - The Lorelei Signal
- He spots a limping, quiet man around the village, who is somehow compelling in his demeanor and carriage. - Ethan Frome
Meaning of "compelling" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "compelling" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "compelling" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "compelling"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word compelling below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.