How to use "competent" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "competent" in popular movie and book plots
- In the secondary plot, Queen Clothilde is a competent but ruthless woman acting as regent for Siegfried. - The Black Swan (Lackey novel)
- Marge insists that Homer get a physical by a competent doctor, hoping he won't pass the requirements for a boxing license. - The Homer They Fall
- JB Landscaping is not doing well because of Jeph's laziness and lack of right hand and because Bobby is not very competent either. - Drowning Mona
- Leonardo is assisted in all things by a calm, competent skunk named Odie Cologne or "Odie Cologne" (voiced by Allen Swift). - King Leonardo and His Short Subjects
- Noriko idolizes the beautiful, competent and talented Kazumi Amano (アマノ・カズミ Amano Kazumi) (voice: Rei Sakuma). - Gunbuster
- Being part of a supportive social group is considered far superior to being even the most independent and competent loner. - Romantic fantasy
- Aboard, Maia meets Naroin, a highly competent female bosun's mate. - Glory Season
- The band slowly becomes more and more musically competent and draws bigger and more enthusiastic audiences. - The Commitments (novel)
- The two finally compromise: Billy must complete all 12 grades in two-week intervals to prove he is competent enough to manage the company. - Billy Madison
- To Captain Bannon's pleasant surprise, his problem lieutenant is proving to be quite competent in combat. - Team Yankee
- Gregory is one of the more competent police detectives Holmes works with in the course of his career. - The Adventure of Silver Blaze
- Also with him is Vasko, a reasonably competent but naïve young man. - Absolution Gap
- Dupin explains the Paris police are competent within their limitations, but have underestimated with whom they are dealing. - The Purloined Letter
- Di Bergi's interviews with st Hubbins and Tufnel reveal that they are competent composers and musicians, but are dimwitted and immature. - This Is Spinal Tap
- Mara then demands that Fred prove that Kris is "the one and only" Santa Claus on the basis of some competent authority. - Miracle on 34th Street
- Wintour was known as a competent scholar, able to speak several languages, and he had fought with the English army in the Netherlands. - Gunpowder Plot
Meaning of "competent" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "competent" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "competent" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "competent"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word competent below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.