How to use "competition" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "competition" in popular movie and book plots
- Smith resolves to frame David and Dot for Whitey's murder, in order to eliminate any competition for Iris, whom he marries. - David Boring
- Team Shaolin enters the open cup competition in Hong Kong, where they chalk up successive and often ridiculous one-sided victories. - Shaolin Soccer
- Later on he has to face much more serious competition from Nagisa's first love, Minato. - If I See You in My Dreams
- Julius Caesar", an academic competition between top three students of his class regarding the Classics. - The Emperor's Club
- Anne Marie has been invited to join in an upcoming surf competition at the famed North Shore surf spot, Pipeline. - Blue Crush
- To show his gratitude towards his adopted mother, Gangadhar kills himself so that there is no competition for Anantha Sharma. - Swati Kiranam
- This is especially difficult for Jessica, who has a cheerleading competition and the school prom coming up soon. - The Hot Chick
- Seeing that Kelly needs help, he excuses her from the competition and goes with her to the location her father said he would be. - Cadet Kelly
- Yusuke uses the competition as a cover to search for Rando, a demon who steals the techniques of martial arts masters and kills them. - Yu Yu Hakusho
- However, this time they are fighting in the spirit of friendly competition rather than as fierce rivals. - Rocky III
- Pitted in constant competition against each other, the three concubines are continually vying for their husband's attention and affections. - Raise the Red Lantern
- They manage to disqualify Bonnie from the competition unless she stops visiting him. - Rigoletto (film)
- Later, Tony and Stephanie dance at the competition and end up winning first prize. - Saturday Night Fever
- The competition starts badly for Luzhin who is unsettled by the presence of his former friend and coach. - The Luzhin Defence
- Blackie, seeing Burley as competition for Mary's affections, is happy to tell him of their intent to marry. - San Francisco (1936 film)
- As the competition begins, Gracie impresses the judges with her glass harp skills and self-defense techniques in the talent competition. - Miss Congeniality (film)
Meaning of "competition" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "competition" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "competition" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "competition"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word competition below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.