How to use "confounded" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "confounded" in popular movie and book plots
- Belson is confounded by the news, and responds by scheduling the announcement of Nucleus at the event. - Silicon Valley (TV series)
- Unfortunately, this suspicion is confounded by mrs Zebedee, who is positive she has killed her husband in her sleep. - Who Killed Zebedee?
- Vicky and her gang, who are planning a bank raid, are going to see their plans confounded by Bug. - Du rififi chez les femmes
- They find holes and trenches dug in sporadic parts of the estate, and they are left confounded as to who could be doing all this. - Shhh! (film)
- The Vegan in his turn is confounded by Conrad's actions. - This Immortal
- House is confounded as to why it appears that the girl does not have smallpox after all, but her father does. - A Pox on Our House
- As the story reveals through the hazy mist of confusion confounded by loss off memory, the audience is just shown the tip of the iceberg. - Acid Factory
- Though wounded and alone, Polnareff confronts DIO but is confounded by the vampire's powers. - Stardust Crusaders
- Coffin Ed Johnson and Gravedigger Jones are confounded by a string of strange murders in the neighborhood of Harlem, New York. - Come Back, Charleston Blue
- In Sliding Scales Flinx is confounded by how to proceed with his life. - Sliding Scales
- The community has been wracked by a serial killer, the Strathmore Strangler, who has confounded the police. - Art School Confidential (film)
- Bradlee, confounded by the young man, asks who Alex is. - Chances Are (film)
- Tetra then knocks Fran to the deck while Charlie stands confounded that his old alien friend Ug has turned selfishly evil. - Critters 4
- She rarely speaks, and her attempts to communicate her situation are confounded by magic. - Jonathan Strange & Mr Norrell
- When the bandits finally attack, they are confounded by new fortifications, including a moat and wooden fence. - Seven Samurai
- Robin is confounded by difficult questions while Galahad gives a wrong answer to an easy question, and both are hurled into a chasm. - Monty Python and the Holy Grail
Meaning of "confounded" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "confounded" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "confounded" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "confounded"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word confounded below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.