How to use "congenial" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "congenial" in popular movie and book plots
- She tries to use the congenial qualities of the Gelede Cult in getting ideas on women's rights and establishing a government centered on the needs of the people. - Aramotu
- However, Sharma comes to the station and reasons with Rege privately in congenial manner to spill everything that happened with M Bhai's gang. - Rege
- The secret society appears so congenial to Chalmers that Shea becomes concerned the subversion is going the other way. - The Mathematics of Magic
- More congenial is Loki's rival Heimdall, who fills Shea in on the situation. - The Roaring Trumpet
- While trying to leave the area with his family and move to a more congenial environment, his wife and children are killed in a plane crash. - The Code Conspiracy
- After a day of travel and a congenial dinner, they fall sleep around the fire. - Six Reasons Why
- The main plot revolves around the congenial Khobotov’s attempts to find happiness with newfound love Lyudochka (Yelena Koreneva), while constantly being thwarted by the controlling Margarita. - The Pokrovsky Gate
- (Playing against stereotype, the rats are portrayed as intelligent, congenial characters who share leadership duties with the men. - Here Be Monsters!
- There he is forced to save her from a sea monster and then wed her, after which he flees back to Franconia with his new bride, whom he finds a less than congenial mate — she is both a control freak and an enchantress. - The Incorporated Knight
- Unfortunately, the stone had not made the trip with him, and Finch's only means of escaping this new and not entirely congenial existence is to purloin its counterpart from the local version of Tiridat. - The Carnelian Cube
- Ordered out of town by angry Judge Beaumont, vagrants Stanley and Oliver meet a congenial drunk who invites them to stay at his luxurious mansion. - Scram!
- Following a formal (and somewhat boring) dinner party in honour of his cousin's engagement, Jack sets out by himself on horseback to visit a more congenial friend some 60 miles away. - The Toll-Gate
- The film describes a year in the life of Emma Woodhouse (Gwyneth Paltrow), a congenial but naïve young woman who thinks of herself as a romantic matchmaker in her small community in early-19th-century England. - Emma (1996 theatrical film)
- Erik seeks a family in Dexter and his congenial mother, Linda (Annabella Sciorra), due to his bad relationship with Gail, but Erik keeps the friendship a secret from her, knowing that Gail won't approve. - The Cure (1995 film)
- Nick's congenial manner wins him acceptance from his fellow jurors, but Frank Herrera, a Marine veteran, takes an instant dislike to him. - Runaway Jury
- Bedford Falls is named Pottersville and is a less congenial place. - It's a Wonderful Life
Example sentences for "congenial" in interesting articles
- Where the first woman was a screeching tabloid aficionado, this one was a congenial gossip-monger more intent on making friends than doing things by the books. - A deportation at the UK border
- It also is meant to be the most congenial to those who like things explained in English. - Chess Tactics Explained in Plain English
- “Now we teach them to work.”Hunnicutt’s vision rests on certain assumptions about taxation and redistribution that might not be congenial to many Americans today. - A world without work
- This is true of the seemingly congenial dolphin, whose tooth-and-fin battles for status resemble Hobbes’s “war of everyone against everyone.” And it is true even of our closest cousin, the chimpanzee.“For animals, a victory or a defeat is not complicated to interpret,” says Robert Faris, a sociologist at UC Davis. - Why It Pays to Be a Jerk
- This time, I noticed that below the pink box with the big black threat there was a captcha, and underneath that, two buttons labeled "Submit" and "Cancel." I filled in the captcha, hit "Submit," and Facebook's nasty warning was immediately replaced by a congenial "Your friend request has been sent." Obviously I'd passed the test. - You Can't Kick Me Off Facebook, I Quit
- Though the approach is much more congenial than the “sensitivity training” popular in the 1980s and ’90s—in which white men were usually cast as villains—it suffers from the same problem: People resent being made to sit in a chair and listen to somebody telling them how to act. - Why Is Silicon Valley So Awful to Women?
Meaning of "congenial" in English
- (used of plants) capable of cross-fertilization or of being grafted
- suitable to your needs
- two congenial spirits united...by mutual confidence and reciprocal virtues
Meaning of "congenial" in Hindi
- स्वजातीय ( Svajatiy, svajaateey, swazatiy)
- एक जाति का ( Ek jati ka, ek jaati kaa, ek zati ka)
- एक मेल का ( Ek mel ka, ek mel kaa)
- अनुकूल ( Anukul, anukool)
- अनुरूप ( Anurup, anuroop)
- सुखद ( Sukhad)
Antonyms of "congenial"
Discuss anything about the word congenial below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.