How to use "congregation" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "congregation" in popular movie and book plots
- They take it to their minister (Eddie Anderson) to give to his congregation to buy what they pray for. - Tales of Manhattan
- Fritz manages to escape when the congregation gets up to celebrate the United States' decision to send more weapons into Israel. - Fritz the Cat (film)
- The congregation mistakenly believes that Bart took the money when they see him with the empty plate. - Bart's Girlfriend
- When Yanko goes to church, he encounters a hostility in the congregation that bewilders him. - Swept from the Sea
- Reverend Lovejoy's sermon on "constancy" almost sends the entire congregation to sleep. - In Marge We Trust
- As the congregation completes the first song, the pastor (Denver Pyle) starts to announce the next hymn. - Shenandoah (film)
- Horrified, the rabbi and congregation go to the theater and demand that they stop showing The Passion. - The Passion of the Jew
- When Jarvis’ wife dies, Kumalo and his congregation send a wreath to express their sympathy. - Cry, the Beloved Country
- He is joined in town by a fellow criminal, and the pair scheme to swindle the phony reverend's congregation of their offerings. - Body and Soul (1925 film)
- Silas Marner, a weaver, is a member of a small Calvinist congregation in Lantern Yard, a slum street in an unnamed city in Northern England. - Silas Marner
- Within moments the entire congregation is rushing for the doors, hoping to escape their horrible stings. - Boy's Life (novel)
- Among the congregation is Jim Corrigan, the Spectre's human host. - Kingdom Come (comics)
- He began leading prayer groups and he impressed members of the local congregation with his ability to testify to sin. - Autobiography of a Brown Buffalo
- Much of the congregation sides with Jessie in this dispute. - The Apostle
- The following Sunday he preaches a sermon advising his congregation that young people may have something to teach their elders. - One Foot in Heaven
- He urges the congregation not to give up the struggle but to do everything possible to fight the plague. - The Plague
Meaning of "congregation" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "congregation" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "congregation" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "congregation"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word congregation below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.