How to use "conscience" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "conscience" in popular movie and book plots
- Little's conscience gets the better of him. - ...tick...tick...tick...
- Innokentii Volodin, a diplomat, makes a telephone call he feels obliged by conscience to make, even though he knows he could be arrested. - In the First Circle
- Bothered by his conscience after seeing her distraught over losing Oliver, he returns him freely. - Oliver & Company
- After knocking Kuzco out, Yzma orders Kronk to kill him and hide the body, but Kronk has a stroke of conscience and saves him. - The Emperor's New Groove
- Maurice gives in to his conscience and is also seeking them, but the voice drowns out his thoughts. - The Amazing Maurice and his Educated Rodents
- Soon Lisa's conscience intervenes and she produces the real diorama. - Lisa's Rival
- In his quest, he discovers two important things: he has a conscience and a sense of morality. - Great Teacher Onizuka
- Michael then selects a prostitute with an annoying voice, but his conscience prevents him from killing her. - The Man with Two Brains
- Delaney soothes his conscience by giving Cándido "$20 blood money," explaining to Kyra that "He's a Mexican". - The Tortilla Curtain
- The angel represents conscience and is often accompanied by a shoulder devil representing temptation. - Plot device
- He is stricken by his guilty conscience for not treating her better. - War and Peace
- She decides she cannot in good conscience get personally involved with Grunick, whom the network is transferring to London. - Broadcast News (film)
- She testifies that Leonard admitted to her that he had killed Mrs French, and that her conscience forced her to finally tell the truth. - Witness for the Prosecution (1957 film)
- Georges becomes increasingly bothered by his conscience as he sees how happy and unsuspecting Emmy is. - Hold Back the Dawn
- The merchant, suffering a guilty conscience and in an attempt to make amends, had bequeathed the worth of the diamond to John. - Moonfleet
- Huck becomes remorseful and apologizes to Jim, though his conscience troubles him about humbling himself to a black man. - Adventures of Huckleberry Finn
Meaning of "conscience" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "conscience" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "conscience" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "conscience"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word conscience below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.