How to use "considerable" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "considerable" in popular movie and book plots
- He builds an ostentatious mansion and soon regrets it, as maintaining the new house proves to be a considerable drain on his time and money. - Buddenbrooks
- Lawrence Cavendish would also come into a considerable sum of money. - The Mysterious Affair at Styles
- It turns out Anne is a compulsive eater, and that she has now gained considerable weight in her new body. - The Man with Two Brains
- A club member, the multi-millionaire businessman Sir Hugo Drax, is winning considerable money playing bridge, seemingly against the odds. - Moonraker (novel)
- At one time Fred had been bequeathed a considerable fortune by Mr Featherstone, but Featherstone later rescinded this will. - Middlemarch
- It's suspected that Cassetti used his considerable resources to rig the trial. - Murder on the Orient Express
- Eventually, the plotters gained control over the La Paz garrisons, although not without considerable bloodshed. - Hugo Banzer
- Vronsky has been paying her considerable attention, and she expects to dance with him at a ball that evening. - Anna Karenina
- They bet and win on five other races and leave with a considerable load of cash. - A Most Unusual Camera
- Brown takes considerable liberties with court protocol, especially by addressing Her Majesty as "woman". - Mrs Brown
- Bertrand identifies several scenes that suggest considerable film making sophistication on the part of the Taits. - The Story of the Kelly Gang
- Joe decides not to write the story, despite the considerable amount of money riding on it. - Roman Holiday
- She had become his platonic friend and steady companion and he used his considerable fame, influence, and connections to advance her career. - Laura (1944 film)
- With the assistance of a kind friend, "a considerable person at court", he escapes to Blefuscu. - Gulliver's Travels
- Phil has considerable difficulty getting started on his assignment. - Gentleman's Agreement
- Britt dies after shooting at a considerable number of bandits but exposing himself from cover. - The Magnificent Seven
Meaning of "considerable" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "considerable" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "considerable" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "considerable"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word considerable below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.