How to use "consolation" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "consolation" in popular movie and book plots
- Salius objects to the foul, and is given a consolation prize. - Nisus and Euryalus
- Seeta's only consolation is her old grandmother. - Seeta Aur Geeta
- After Sandra leaves, General Walters offers some small consolation to the aged astronaut: "Stansfield, you're really quite an incredible man. - The Long Morrow
- Pola finds consolation with Louis. - Under the Roofs of Paris
- Jonah, who used to drink, again finds consolation in alcohol, which ultimately leads to his death through a car accident. - The Body of Jonah Boyd
- She seeks consolation in her famous baseball player boyfriend Cal Cooper (Christian Kane), and in her family, but finds little there. - Life or Something Like It
- Vera is finally convinced by Colin that their romance is over and decides to enjoy the consolation of becoming the Queen of Hope. - Hope Springs (2003 film)
- The brothers' only consolation is the fact that the mouse must finally be dead as their father's "lucky string" is found in the wreckage. - MouseHunt (film)
- However, he gets a "spirit award" of a gift voucher to Shakey's Pizza as a consolation prize. - Up the Down Steroid
- Rosie and her mother have taken a consolation cruise to the Caribbean, where they unexpectedly meet Grahame Coats. - Anansi Boys
- Anna's money in Switzerland, he finds out, is fake as well, which offers him consolation in his new, dark circumstances. - 5 Fingers
- Homer becomes initially despondent at his family leaving him behind, but finds consolation in finding a marshmallow in Burns' stomach. - Treehouse of Horror XV
- He and Patsy find consolation with each other and return to London. - The Pleasure Garden (film)
- Danny is finally set free, and Reuven and Danny taste profoundly the pain in life, and the consolation of deep friendship. - The Chosen (Potok novel)
- The disgraced and reviled Bulstrode's only consolation is that his wife stands by him as he too faces exile. - Middlemarch
- Genji is sorrowful, but finds consolation in Murasaki, whom he marries. - The Tale of Genji
Meaning of "consolation" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "consolation" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "consolation" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "consolation"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word consolation below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.