How to use "consternation" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "consternation" in popular movie and book plots
- The choice of Mrs Fox causes quite some consternation amongst the womenfolk of the town. - The Godiva Affair
- The importance of the exercise does not stop Godfrey and Wilson bringing a few luxurious items, to the consternation of Mainwaring. - Gorilla Warfare (Dad's Army)
- Jim and Susan soon begin to fall in love, much to the consternation of her ex-boyfriend Randy Bigelow (Larry Linville). - Herbie, the Love Bug
- Marigold and Lackland are left gazing at each other lovingly, to the consternation of Bradford. - Merry Mount (opera)
- During the ceremony, Duncan publicly reveals that he is Deryni, an act which causes a great deal of consternation among his fellow bishops. - The Quest for Saint Camber
- They eventually plead guilty to the others, which allows them to stay in business, to the consternation of the adult competitor. - Kidco
- To the consternation of other units on the island, Clancy uses unorthodox creative methods to obtain provisions for his unit. - Flying Leathernecks
- Upon Impedimenta's discovery of Asterix near Prolix's camp, consternation spreads among the villagers on grounds of a threatened sacrilege. - Asterix and the Soothsayer
- Sugar moves into Saga's bedroom and sets up residence, much to the consternation of the super-structured Saga. - A Little Snow Fairy Sugar
- This causes consternation for his brother, largely because he was not asked to be best man at the wedding. - She's the One (1996 film)
- Diana's friends come round to look through her possessions, much to the consternation of her mother Jojo (Susan Sarandon). - Moonlight Mile (film)
- Candy is delighted, but soon realises to his consternation that he loves her himself. - The Life and Death of Colonel Blimp
- In a public ceremony, Gax transfers the crown to Aillas, much to the surprise and consternation of the Ska. - Lyonesse Trilogy
- Carol takes a fancy to David, much to the consternation of Louise, who tries to dissuade Carol from establishing a relationship with him. - Possessed (1947 film)
- This causes much consternation to Prince John and his court who now fear the imminent return of King Richard. - Ivanhoe
- This agreement causes consternation among the Bene Gesserit, but Odrade realizes that Taraza's plan is to destroy Rakis. - Heretics of Dune
Meaning of "consternation" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "consternation" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "consternation" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "consternation"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word consternation below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.