How to use "contemplating" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "contemplating" in popular movie and book plots
- He has acquired proof, in the form of a letter sent to Von Lembke, that the Captain is contemplating betraying them all. - Demons (Dostoyevsky novel)
- At the novel's opening, Raskolnikov has been contemplating this theory for months, only speaking of it to his (now deceased) fiancée. - Rodion Raskolnikov
- Vetter goes out for a walk and, after contemplating the story for a while, Farnham wonders what has become of him. - Crouch End (short story)
- The narrator spends his time waiting for assassins to arrive, pining over Sandii, and contemplating suicide. - New Rose Hotel
- The chorus is left contemplating the will of Zeus in Medea's actions:. - Medea (play)
- The following week, Freddy and Lawrence are at Lawrence's villa contemplating their loss. - Dirty Rotten Scoundrels (film)
- While Archer is contemplating his decision he approaches Yarrick, D'Jamat's deputy, questioning his resolve, but Yarrick rebuffs him. - Chosen Realm
- John finds Angie at the local tavern, contemplating what he will do next. - The Happiest Millionaire
- Delilah's mistreated boyfriend Stan Rosado is contemplating quitting the football team to pursue academics. - The Faculty
- The man, a lowly servant recently fired, is contemplating whether to starve to death or to become a thief to survive in the barren times. - Rashōmon (short story)
- Whale battles depression, at times contemplating suicide, as he realizes his life, his attractiveness, and his health are slipping away. - Gods and Monsters (film)
- He sits at the bar contemplating varieties of liquor while listening to Hugh and Yvonne banter as they swim nearby. - Under the Volcano
- Nick loses his gift during a storm while trying to find a company secretary, Erin, who (telepathic ability revealed) is contemplating suicide. - What Women Want
- The book ends by his meeting a weary Bokonon, who is contemplating what the last words of The Books of Bokonon should be. - Cat's Cradle
- Her mother is only interested in her social life and her father has serious financial problem and is even contemplating suicide. - The Poor Little Rich Girl
- Neff deduces she is contemplating murder, and makes it clear he wants no part of it. - Double Indemnity (film)
Meaning of "contemplating" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "contemplating" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "contemplating" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "contemplating"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word contemplating below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.