How to use "contempt" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "contempt" in popular movie and book plots
- As her story unfolds, Sharpless feels increasing contempt for Pinkerton. - Madame Butterfly (short story)
- After showing Muriel to her bedroom, David makes his contempt for Muriel known asking "what kind of person marries someone they don't know. - Muriel's Wedding
- After a couple of meetings, when they share their deep contempt for the state of their lives, the two plan to escape the country together. - We the Living
- "Of all the people on the north side of the river, Anita was the only one whose contempt for those in Homestead was laced with active hatred. - Player Piano (novel)
- She also mentions that unlike everyone else who shows contempt for him, Helen is the only one who unconditionally loves him. - The Waterboy
- Furious, Homer tries to attack Judge Harm, but the bailiff stops him and drags him away for contempt of court. - Barting Over
- Athos finds out everything and spits his contempt at Louis XIV. - The Vicomte of Bragelonne: Ten Years Later
- Except for his friend Count Kai, he is held in contempt by everyone outside his immediate family, even his pastor. - Buddenbrooks
- As such, he is both beneath their contempt and incalculably valuable. - Shōgun (novel)
- While he initially pities Charlotte, believing her to be settling in her life, he's taken aback by her contempt for his initial condescension. - Now, Voyager
- Some time later, Cruella visits their home and expresses contempt upon meeting Roger. - 101 Dalmatians (1996 film)
- Although Caesar lacks Crassus's contempt for the lower classes of Rome, he mistakes the man's rigid outlook for nobility. - Spartacus (film)
- Phil makes no secret of his contempt for the assignment, the small town, and the "hicks" who live there. - Groundhog Day (film)
- He then addresses the crowd, expressing his contempt for their antics. - My Man Godfrey
- Bonanno thus faced two bad choices—testify and break his blood oath, or refuse and be jailed for contempt of court. - Joseph Bonanno
- When he enters the town, he finds that its residents hold him in utter contempt for the prior attack on their town. - Final Fantasy IV
Meaning of "contempt" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "contempt" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "contempt" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "contempt"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word contempt below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.