How to use "contemptuous" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "contemptuous" in popular movie and book plots
- Enraged by her contemptuous response, he strangled her. - Bluebeard (1944 film)
- He is contemptuous of life and its "arrangements". - The Arrangement (1969 film)
- The scientists, on the other hand, as specialists, tend to be contemptuous of a professional generalist like Annuncio. - Sucker Bait
- Merrick, of lower-middle-class English origin, is resentful of the privileged English "public school" class and contemptuous of Indians. - The Jewel in the Crown (novel)
- Lady Davers, still contemptuous towards Pamela, mentions Sally Godfrey, a girl mr B seduced in his youth, now mother of his child. - Pamela; or, Virtue Rewarded
- Paddy wants to leave his neurotic, highly contemptuous wife Elaine (Christine Estabrook) to live with his mistress. - Lovers, Liars & Lunatics
- Beauregard is contemptuous of television and what he deems as its anti-intellectual nature, after seeing Masquarade for Money. - Champagne for Caesar
- Hired by the woman as a gunslinger for reasons unknown, Spear is suspicious and hostile toward Gashade and contemptuous of Coley. - The Shooting
- Despite his contemptuous exterior, Lex warmed to Clark when he discovered they shared a common interest: astronomy. - Superman: Birthright
- Though the spoiled woman is openly contemptuous of the casino owner, Gin Sling allows her credit to cover her ever-growing losses. - The Shanghai Gesture
- Angered by FBI agent Roger Graham's contemptuous comments about him on TV, Soneji later impersonates a reporter and kills Graham. - Along Came a Spider
- At first, Chas is contemptuous of Turner, and Turner attempts to return the rent paid in advance, but they start influencing each other. - Performance (film)
- But Jacques grows contemptuous of McKeag's presence, sensing something between McKeag and his mother. - Centennial (miniseries)
- Fearing for her life, Lucy locks herself inside a closet to escape her contemptuous father. - Broken Blossoms
- Urquhart is secretly contemptuous of the well-meaning but weak Collingridge, but expects a promotion to a senior position in the Cabinet. - House of Cards (UK TV series)
- Upon his return to Europe, Marlow is embittered and contemptuous of the "civilised" world. - Heart of Darkness
Meaning of "contemptuous" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "contemptuous" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "contemptuous" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "contemptuous"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word contemptuous below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.