How to use "contingency" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "contingency" in popular movie and book plots
- Labs' Drydock contingency plan for Aquaman of New-Earth and activates it to dry him out. - Convergence (comics)
- Cyclops listens to Doctor Nemesis's report that Hope's latest flare up of the Phoenix force would be noticed and prepares a contingency plan. - Avengers vs. X-Men
- Merlin prepares contingency plans. - Safehold
- Just as it seems the quest is finished, it turns out that Josef had deduced a terrible secret: the Shadow Lord had a contingency plan. - The Sister of the South
- Hobbs refuses, but the Judge has a contingency plan, having bribed another key team member. - The Natural (film)
- As a contingency to discourage any local denizens from questioning them, she sought out and found a Tarzan look-alike to accompany them. - Tarzan and the Golden Lion
- For his part, Ebdane declared a full alert status nationwide, effective on 12:00 noon on July 26, as a contingency measure. - Oakwood mutiny
- In South Africa, the government adopts a contingency plan drafted by apartheid-era intelligence consultant Paul Redeker. - World War Z
- They defeat Nemesis and escape Raccoon City before it is destroyed by the United States government in a desperate contingency measure. - Resident Evil: The Umbrella Chronicles
- It seems a set of contingency plans to deport all Mormons from Utah, possibly to the Sandwich Islands, are drawn up. - Settling Accounts: The Grapple
- Dick tells Jane that was his contingency plan; Jane can now forge McCallister's signature. - Fun with Dick and Jane (2005 film)
- The Skywitch goes to work where she becomes part of a contingency of officers that are raiding a vampire brothel. - Top 10: The Forty-Niners
- John and Jane forgo their separate contingency plans and make their last stand together. - Mr. & Mrs. Smith (2005 film)
- However, she has a contingency plan. - The Two Doctors
- Creatures like us that can anticipate possible futures and make contingency plans have an evolutionary advantage. - Possible Worlds (play)
- However, the Kulu Kingdom is unwilling to look inactive whilst its citizens are in danger, and contingency plans are made. - The Neutronium Alchemist
Meaning of "contingency" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "contingency" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "contingency" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "contingency"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word contingency below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.