How to use "contrived" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "contrived" in popular movie and book plots
- Cooper tells them the other employees do not know yet, and were sent home on a contrived pretext. - Commissions and Fees
- In the rather contrived ending, everything ends happily. - Totally Blonde
- Her parents believe her to be a happy, contented child, but this is a carefully contrived mask. - Daughter of Darkness (novel)
- As Don and Leonard himself discover, although Delos is a contrived thing, this new voice is not under Leonard's control. - The Trance (The Twilight Zone)
- The implications of this arrangement, ostensibly contrived to keep up appearances, are far-reaching. - A Heritage and Its History
- Sharpe then travels secretly by night and meets with Killick to arrange for a contrived surrender. - Sharpe's Siege (novel)
- Johnson is killed in a contrived melee and the bag disappears. - The Chinese Paymaster
- They believe the death was contrived and suspect that Evan was possibly dealing with illegal substances. - Live Once, Die Twice
- During one game, however, odd sequences begin to occur, leading to a surprising win (later learned to be contrived by Antoine's spirit). - The 6th Man
- All of the incidents which disturbed Poirot's sleep were contrived for the sole purpose of confusing him about the time of death. - Murder on the Orient Express (1974 film)
- Renée asks John if he contrived the Carvalet contract in the hope that Françoise would die, and is relieved when he denies it. - The Scapegoat (novel)
- A happy ending is contrived for Vale and Honey, a sweet little girl, but a little happiness in the midst of all the craziness is a good thing. - The Best Awful There Is
- Dodd contrived to stay another day at Tuxbury Old Park, and went looking about the property. - The Adventure of the Blanched Soldier
- When Avellaneda and Centellas wake up, don Juan accuses them of having contrived this show to make fun of him. - Don Juan Tenorio
- Susan, who during a police interview contrived to sneak out a window, unwittingly drags the irritated circus leopard into the jail. - Bringing Up Baby
- She confesses that Eva served her in a department store, Milwards, and Sheila contrived to have her fired for an imagined slight. - An Inspector Calls
Meaning of "contrived" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "contrived" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "contrived" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "contrived"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word contrived below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.