How to use "controversy" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "controversy" in popular movie and book plots
- The series was originally conceived by Nagai as a form of protest and parody of the controversy that arose with Harenchi Gakuen. - The Abashiri Family
- His wife Rowena (Charo Santos-Concio) wants to get rid of her in order to not snag controversy during the election. - Gumapang Ka Sa Lusak
- Uyayi (Lullaby) opens with the story of an obscure hospital being gripped by controversy because of its strange nature. - Wag Kang Lilingon
- An epilogue states that the interviews were wildly successful and that Nixon never escaped controversy until his death in 1994. - Frost/Nixon (film)
- The film portrays the initial controversy about this, as well as Volney and his staff's reopening of the investigation. - I as in Icarus
- In 1991, the Smoking Man meets with subordinates, discussing his orchestration of the Anita Hill controversy and the Rodney King trial. - Musings of a Cigarette Smoking Man
- He creates further controversy by asking Hodel to dance with him. - Fiddler on the Roof (film)
- Evans places this in her report, causing a large controversy over his statement by his boss, Mitchell (Ron Perlman) and the police. - Down (film)
- Elaine asks her boyfriend about the medicine, and then they have a controversy of the podiatrist-doctor matter. - The Conversion (Seinfeld)
- The Doorbell Rang generated controversy when it was published, due largely to its unflattering portrayal of the FBI, its director and agents. - The Doorbell Rang
- A controversy surrounding the game is its lack of an ending. - Still Life (video game)
- Mayor Quimby generates controversy after making an offensive joke about France. - Treehouse of Horror VIII
- The wedding has controversy as Mireno is deeply in love with Silveria, yet Daranio’s wealth guaranteed him the hand of Silveria. - La Galatea
- He hesitates to embrace her, and she is put off but assumes he is scheming as usual, aware of the controversy on the bridge. - Mirror, Mirror (Star Trek: The Original Series)
- They attack her sexually (this scene caused controversy since Madonna is topless). - A Certain Sacrifice
- Gattaca becomes embroiled in controversy when one of its administrators is murdered a week before the flight. - Gattaca
Meaning of "controversy" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "controversy" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "controversy" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "controversy"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word controversy below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.