How to use "conviction" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "conviction" in popular movie and book plots
- The crew scrambles to shoot the scene, and her manic performance injects fresh energy and conviction into it. - Living in Oblivion
- His conviction about Lithia is viewed as heresy, since he believes Satan has the power to create a planet. - A Case of Conscience
- Walter's life takes a further downturn when a suspicious co-worker, Mary-Kay (Eve), learns of his conviction and alerts the entire mill. - The Woodsman (2004 film)
- Meanwhile, John and Dawn tell Christy of their conviction to rescue the Family from the villain. - Care Bears Movie II: A New Generation
- Again Scroggs drove hard for a conviction despite Colman's standing as a Government official. - William Scroggs
- His grand failure is that he lacks the conviction he believed to accompany greatness and continues his decline into madness. - Rodion Raskolnikov
- Foyle now realizes the key to space-jaunting is faith: not the certainty of an answer, but the conviction that somewhere an answer exists. - The Stars My Destination
- At the book's end, David expresses the conviction that he is happy and thankful, and does not care how long he has to live. - David Boring
- During the course of his life, Owen develops the conviction that he is "God's instrument". - A Prayer for Owen Meany
- He is intrigued by her conviction and her determination to persuade others to take up social causes. - The Way We Were
- Unfortunately, her felony conviction has stripped her of her Cabaret Card, which would allow her to sing in NYC nightclubs. - Lady Sings the Blues (film)
- She endures the trial, conviction and execution. - Mary, Queen of Scots (1971 film)
- It describes his fight against the conviction for triple murder and how he copes with nearly 20 years in prison. - The Hurricane (1999 film)
- Cady subsequently studied law in prison and assumed his own defense, unsuccessfully appealing his conviction several times. - Cape Fear (1991 film)
- Wimsey visits Harriet in prison, declares his conviction of her innocence and promises to catch the real murderer. - Strong Poison
- Tallboy cannot escape, and suggests suicide, which would save his family from the shame of his trial and conviction for murder. - Murder Must Advertise
Meaning of "conviction" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "conviction" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "conviction" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "conviction"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word conviction below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.