How to use "convoy" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "convoy" in popular movie and book plots
- Shepard commits large forces stripped from convoy escort and uses Catalina flying boats to search for the battleship. - Sink the Bismarck!
- Yahzee's radio is destroyed and the convoy is unable to call off the bombardment. - Windtalkers
- Fortunately, an English convoy is sighted soon afterwards and she transfers to a more spacious ship. - The Happy Return
- The convoy of terrorist cars and trucks is heading to Henry's alpine hideout for an important meeting. - Tomorrow Never Dies (video game)
- Before despatching Surprise to England, Ives asks Aubrey to take the Adriatic convoy up to Trieste. - Treason's Harbour
- The Spanish convoy refuses to surrender, and battle breaks out. - Post Captain (novel)
- A convoy including Aubrey seized the ships carrying the gold deemed necessary by Spain to agree to join the war on the side of France. - HMS Surprise (novel)
- He is to sail to the station at Cape Town where the ships of a convoy will meet. - The Mauritius Command
- The convoy retreats, and the Duras Sisters are forced to end the civil war. - Redemption (Star Trek: The Next Generation)
- Due to the confusion, another convoy of cars (the French Minister's escort) start firing at the officers, and the robbers escape. - Taxi (1998 film)
- In the next dramatic scene, French civilians watch in grim despair as a convoy of German troops marches into France and takes control. - Battle of Britain (film)
- Sophie is sent to accompany a small convoy of merchant ships in the Mediterranean. - Master and Commander
- In a joint decision, the submarine heads out of the harbor with a convoy of villagers in small boats protecting it. - The Russians Are Coming, the Russians Are Coming
- During the ensuing chaos, Helen is captured by Juno and taken with the convoy on the Overseas Highway. - True Lies
- He subdues the injured alien pilot and flags down a convoy of refugees, hitching a ride with former combat pilot Russell Casse. - Independence Day (1996 film)
- Shortly after the storm ends, the boat encounters a British convoy and quickly launches four torpedoes, sinking two ships. - Das Boot
Meaning of "convoy" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "convoy" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "convoy" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "convoy"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word convoy below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.