How to use "cost" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "cost" in popular movie and book plots
- The proposed project is meant to increase productivity at 1/10 the cost of making the items on Earth. - Jetsons: The Movie
- Peter is nearly killed attempting to rescue them but is saved by Smrgol, who defeats the ogre at the cost of his own life. - The Flight of Dragons
- Finkle missed the field goal kick at the end of Super Bowl XIX, which cost the Dolphins the championship and ruined his career. - Ace Ventura: Pet Detective
- Roxana is fond of her father but her household's resources are stretched to the limit with the cost of nursing him. - Family Matters (novel)
- Feng refuses, saying that a doctor cost money and suggests again that she sells her body to raise money. - Ashes of Time
- Catesby had borne much of the scheme's financial cost thus far, and was running out of money. - Robert Catesby
- Eyeing the cost of such an endeavor, and given the age of the show, ABC quietly canceled Laverne & Shirley in May 1983 after 178 episodes. - Laverne & Shirley
- In the end, Arthur sits on the courthouse's steps, knowing his antics will probably cost him his career in law. - ...And Justice for All (film)
- The Son'a developed an artificial and imperfect means to extend their lives at the cost of disfigurement. - Star Trek: Insurrection
- Ironically, he discovers that his wife cost him double what he saved in taxes. - Sullivan's Travels
- Normal companies outside cannot compete with the cost of Inside-Out workers, so they offer Norton bribes not to bid for contracts. - Rita Hayworth and Shawshank Redemption
- Joining forces, they deactivate the barrier around Exdeath's castle, but at the cost of Xezat's life. - Final Fantasy V
- After obtaining and passing the sword's trials, the Hero confronts and defeats Julius at the cost of the Mana Tree's life. - Final Fantasy Adventure
- After the battle, Wellington wanders among the piles of dead, lamenting the cost of victory. - Waterloo (1970 film)
- Spock successfully restores power to the warp drive and the Enterprise escapes the explosion, though at the cost of Spock's life. - Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan
- Paul's visit on leave to his home highlights the cost of the war on his psyche. - All Quiet on the Western Front
Meaning of "cost" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "cost" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "cost" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "cost"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word cost below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.